In a perfect world our children go to bed without stalling, always clean up their messes, and eat whatever food we put on the table without us feeling like we need to sharpen our high school debate team skills. If that world is your reality… we salute you! ✊ If that isn’t your reality (🙋♀️🙋🏻♀️🙋🏽♀️🙋🏾♀️) then welcome to the club! We thought about forming a support group, but something tells us the line to get in would be quite extensive.
While (for now…😏) we may be fresh out of ideas to remedy bedtime negotiations and mess making moguls, we do consider ourselves “hands on researchers” 🧐 when it comes to meal and snack times.
At GoBe, we are parents and caregivers first. The health and wellbeing of our children is our #1 priority and sharing tips and tricks we’ve discovered along our parenting journey is our favorite past-time. While there are countless gadgets and gizmos-a-plenty when it comes to feeding our wild little ones, at GoBe we have our favorites. That’s why we came together as a team to provide our own “Top 10” list of favorite eating accessories”!
- Stokke Tripp Trapp® - We love the adjustable footrest, great back support, slender build so it takes up little floor space, and it grows with your child (can hold up to 300 lbs!). Worth the investment, in our humble opinions.
- Kizingo Spoons - It’s a great spoon for littles just learning to use utensils. What’s great is they have right- and left-handed options!
- Munchkin Click Lock Weighted Straw Cup - The weighted straw makes the liquid accessible from any angle. Now mom doesn’t have to sit for ages holding the cup in the proper position.
- EZPZ Cup - It’s the perfect size for little hands. It has a weighted bottom making it hard to spill. The perfect cup for littles learning to drink out of an open cup.
- Splat Mat - Use under the highchair, on picnics, or even for nail polish drips during a living room spa-day. There are very few occasions when this mat isn’t useful. Then when it becomes unrecognizable, throw it in the washer and start over! There are a few brands that make splat mats (including fancy leather ones!) but one of our favorites is the Bumkin one.
- Modern Twist Bucket Bibs - Easy to clean, easy to throw into a diaper bag, and the bucket catches “most” of the food that misses the intended target. And they’re cute!
- Pillowfort Plates/Bowls - Dishwasher safe? Check. Microwave safe? Check. BPA free? Check. Amazing price? Check. The plates come in divided and undivided options.
- Munchkin Raise Toddler Fork and Spoon Set - Perfect for when the urge to feed themselves independently kicks in.
- Bentgo Lunch Box - We love the compartments (weird, huh? 😉), our kiddos love the bright colors, and it’s big enough to carry a vast assortment of food and snacks.
- Contigo Water Bottles - These are great for travel, are spill-proof, and have adorable patterns.
We also love the following resources to help us stay in-the-know regarding what, when, and how we feed our kids. We highly recommend them to any and all caregivers of small children.
Don’t see your favorite listed? Please share with us what feeding accessories you love for your kids!